In this testing from the trenches series, we present an example of a false-positive bug message from Facebook.
On the Tentamen blog, I am using the AddToAny plugin that enables possible blog readers to share a post on social networks.
Every Tentamen blog post I share by hand using this plugin. I know that there are WordPress plugins that automate this, but setting up one of such accounts with social networks was too much trouble. The reason is that you need to create a development account, and that is not so easy.
And doing it daily, I check does this plugin actually works. A few days ago, I got the error from the picture above when I tried to share a post to Facebook. The problem is that this is false positive because I have never opted out of the Facebook platform. That error masked real error. I can only assume that there was a problem in communication between add to any and Facebook platforms.
The next day, I was able to use Facebook add to any share button.