In the previous posts, we explained what Coverage Criteria is: the problem of Characteristics Of Good Coverage Criterion, Infeasible Test Requirements, What Is Coverage Criterion In Software Testing, How To Define Test Requirements and Problem Of Coverage Criteria In Software Testing. Today we present you coverage criteria exercise to recap those posts. WhatWe will introduce you to software testing based on the remarkable book, Introduction To Software Testing by Paul Ammann and Jeff Offutt.
We have two coverage criteria: C1 is sanitizer type, and C2 is sanitizer color.
- Write Test Requirements for C1 and C2.
- Write test sets T1 and T2 that satisfy C1 and C2.
- Does C1 subsume C2?
- Does T1 satisfy C2? Explain.
- Does T2 satisfy C1? Explain.
- If T2 reveals the fault, T1 does not necessarily also reveal the fault. Explain.
- How well could we compare test criteria besides subsumption?